989: Pros & Cons of Training for Muscle vs Strength, How to Bulk without Guilt, Avoiding Reverse Dieting Pitfalls & MORE
Mar 16, 2019
In this episode of Quah, sponsored by Organifi (organifi.com/mindpump, code “mindpump” for 20% off), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about training for strength vs. hypertrophy and the benefits and drawbacks of each, preventing low back pain while playing sports, overcoming a negative body image while bulking and the biggest pitfalls of a reverse diet and how to best avoid them.
- The many different, yet beneficial uses of Joovv light therapy. (4:05)
- Two companies, including Blackstone Labs, charged in an illegal dietary supplements scheme. Why a few bad seeds ruin it for everyone. (13:20)
- China promises to throw steroid users in prison in 2019. (18:38)
- Adam’s first take on the hot trending YouTube channel, Brute Strength. (27:40)
- How macadamia nut milk is the tits, especially combined with Organifi gold juice. (31:28)
- Mind Pump’s take on “Operation Varsity Blues” scandal. (32:20)
- Three or more eggs a week increase your risk of heart disease and early death, study says. (36:54)
- #Quah question #1 – Can you review training for strength vs. hypertrophy and the benefits and drawbacks of each? (40:39)
- #Quah question #2 – Why do I suffer from low back pain while playing sports like basketball or football? What are some things I can do to prevent it?
- #Quah question #3 – Do you have any advice on how to overcome a negative body image while bulking? (1:01:42)
- #Quah question #4 – What are the biggest pitfalls of a reverse diet and how can you best avoid them? (1:06:14)
Our most popular fitness products
Sign Up To Receive Our Newsletter