1222: Low Carb vs. Low Fat… Which is Better?
Feb 06, 2020
In this episode, Sal, Adam and Justin dig into the pros and cons of low carb and low fat diets.
- Making the case for low carb vs low-fat diets. (2:34)
- Why so much of these diets and ideas around eating are all based around marketing and sales. (4:24)
- The history of the diet fads. (6:35)
- The distinction between low carb and low fat. (12:54)
- Which burns the most body fat? (16:48)
- The benefits of a low carb/higher fat diet.
- The positive effects on satiety levels. (17:35)
- Why Mind Pump is NOT a fan of the ketogenic/carnivore diets for long-term success. (23:27)
- Improves gut-health issues. (25:35)
- Better for cognition. (27:56)
- Prevention of diabetes. (31:23)
- How does Mind Pump utilize low carb vs low-fat diets with their clients? (32:14)
- The drawbacks of a low carb/higher fat diet.
- Decreases strength and performance. (33:50)
- Difficult to bulk. (38:58)
- Not as convenient. (40:54)
- It costs more money. (42:14)
- The benefits of a low fat/higher carb diet.
- Will lower your cholesterol levels. (43:26)
- Increases athletic performance. (46:04)
- Less expensive. (51:28)
- The drawbacks of a low fat/higher carb diet.
- Can lead to lower testosterone levels. (52:10)
- Brain fog and energy crashes. (53:13)
- Which is better? (54:37)
- Is this something you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life? The importance of learning from your body. (1:00:28)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
Our most popular fitness products
Sign Up To Receive Our Newsletter